When we look at piping and growing systems externally, we generally see the set up all together rather than looking at its many working components individually. But there’s that one part that plays a very فلومتر crucial role. They are the valves. They behave like tiny knobs managing the flow of fluids as well as cutting off supply completely if required.
Industrial valves are of varied types, with each based on a different working principle and performing a different function. Right here, we’ve discussed the 9 most common types of industrial valves.
- Ball valves : It is a hollowed out ball-shaped disk that is fitted inside a line. The device starts and stops flow by the 1 / 4 turn rotational motion of this disk. When the device is open the hollowed end is lined up in the direction of the flow and closed it sits perpendicular to the direction of the flow.
- Plug valves : Also called magicstick device, it uses a cylindrical or tapered plug with a bored passage to block, start or throttle flow. Turning the handle or wheel, arranges the empty opening of the plug with the inlet and outlet ports opening the passage. It is blocked, when the solid part aligns itself with ports.
- Butterfly valves : It’s yet another device that uses the rotational motion; ball and plug valves work in the same manner. It only uses a thin-disk in the flow path instead of a ball-shaped unit or a cylindrical plug. They are quick to use, extremely lightweight and easily adaptable.
- Gate valves : This is the type of device used in a tap. Opening and closing the device involves raising and lowering metal entrances respectively. A wedge is inserted into a seat. With gate valves, the passageway can either be fully closed or fully open; there is no in between. They are also called sluice valves.
- Globe valves : It is a lot like a gate device in that it uses linear motion to throttle flow. It differs in its use of a disk instead of a wedge. It can also be adjusted to less or increase flow; the main advantage of a globe device is that it does not flow as much as other valves. They are also among the most popular type of valves used across various applications.
- Nip valves : The construction features a pinching mechanism and a sleeve of molded rubber or man-made material. The flow path in the open position is unobstructed. The flow is cut off by pinching the flexible tissue layer, by lowering a bar or gate.
- Diaphragm valves : They work similar to nip valves; a flexible diaphragm is inserted such that it fastens itself to the seat blocking the flow. Its advantage over nip valves is that it creates an extremely tight seal off and so is used in applications that have a high purity requirement.
- Relief and Safety valves : As fluids pass through the device, there is a possibility of an unheard of increase in pressure, which if unchecked could prove hazardous. This applies especially if you are dealing with hazardous fluids. Relief and safety vales release pressure periodically, whenever it goes beyond the set point, to prevent damage.
- Check valves : Check valves allow for unidirectional flow of fluids; they cannot give it time to flow back. The non-slam nozzle check valves check pressure tremendous increase preventing water hammer.